Dr. Bryan Edgar graduated from the University Of Washington School Of Dentistry in 1976, served in the military active duty and reserves for 28 years, and practices full time in Federal Way, Washington. He also serves as affiliate faculty at the University of Washington. He received the AGD Mastership Award in 1991, was the first recipient of the AGD Lifelong Learning & Service Award in 2005, completed the Misch International Implant Institute program in 2007 and became a graduate of the Kois Center in 2008.
Dr. Edgar is involved with many dental organizations. He currently serves as the Secretary-Treasurer of the Washington State Dental Association, served as the Chair the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation in 2010, serves as the Parliamentarian of the American Association of Dental Examiners and is a Delegate to the ADA and AGD House of Delegates. He is a member of the 4 person AGD Investment Committee which has outperformed all stock market indices by a significant margin during the past 7 years. He serves as a grading examiner for WREB Dental Licensure Exam for the past 19 years and serves as a mentor to the Kois Center in Seattle. Recently Dr Edgar completed the endowed Edgar Professorship For Microscopic Technologies in Dentistry at the University of Washington School of Dentistry.
Course Title: Implant Esthetics: Addressing Patient Anatomic Variables with Location, Location, Location
Overview: It is well understood that the patient’s presenting conditions for considerations of implants in the esthetic zone may adversely affect the clinicians ability to create a pleasing esthetic outcome. This course is designed to show how it is possible to overcome some of the inherent risks of placing immediate implants in the esthetic zone, satisfy the patient’s desire to have an immediate provisionalized tooth at the time of surgery and create predictably esthetic results.
- Students will learn how to assess the 5 diagnostic keys in peri-implant esthetics as developed by Dr. Kois and ways to modify the patient’s presenting anatomy in order to reduce these risks so that better esthetic outcomes can be achieved.
- The course will demonstrate surgical approaches with live video and photographic slides to help students understand possible outcomes using periodontal microsurgery techniques.
- Students will also learn how to assess the best implant placement locations with 3D cone beam technology and then practice placement techniques of a central incisor on models.
Intended Audience or Format:
- Dentists interested in advanced implant placement techniques
Course Title: Take Your Investing to the Next Level
Overview: This course is designed to help participants understand the process of selecting successful individual stocks. The course will follow the same format used by the highly successful AGD Investment Committee when they selected their securities. Find out how this committee has doubled returns from the major indices over the last 7 years while maintaining large cash positions. Both qualitative and quantitative factors will be thoroughly discussed and an online demonstration will be will be given. Participants will be able to use what they learn on the next available trading day.
- Understand the principles of sound investing.
- Learn where to search for investable stocks
- Establish a standardized process to help evaluate all stocks
- Learn which metrics are important and what they indicate
- Learn when to buy stocks, and more importantly, when to sell them.
Intended Audience or Format: