Kois Center Committees
The overall goal of the Kois Center Committees is to assist with the growth and development of the Kois Center.
- Oversee the development of specific projects for the Kois Center
- Give participants the opportunity to provide input to Kois Center
- Provide growth and leadership opportunities for Graduates, Mentors and Clinical Instructors
The Committees will be guided by the following principles:
- Integrity, Commitment and Passion
- Belief and support for the Kois Center vision – "it's about changing lives"
- Represent the interests of the greater membership
Dennis Vaughn, DDS - Chair
Tana Busch, DDS
John Buzza, DDS
Sam Guarnieri, DDS
Emmanuel Karamanis, DDS
Sheila Naik, DDS
Scott Strommer, DDS
The Kois Alumni Committee is charged with ensuring the success of Kois Center students by providing support at each level of interaction and learning. We are successful when students incorporate and apply Kois Center principles in their practices to the benefit of their patients, their practice as a whole and the quality of their personal and professional lives.
Kois Center Mentors and Clinical Instructors are the primary vehicles through which the KAC extends its influence. Mentors are committed to enhancing the students' experience in each course by helping them master clinical skills and integrate those skills into their unique practice culture. Clinical Instructors manage each course and lead the Mentors in their efforts serving as a resource to each Mentor and the trend-spotters for identifying often subtle changes that impact the quality of our students' learning.
- Create and implement Mentor training
- Create and provide Clinical Instructor resources for the successful mentoring of courses.
- Create and implement feedback systems to measure our effectiveness
- Create and implement strategies to enhance the participants experience at the Center and beyond
- Encourage networking to foster camaraderie and relationships for all participants that reflects a unique culture
Leah Patrick, DDS – Chair
Steve Acker, DDS
Bill Ciao, DMD
Matt Falkenstein, DDS
Brett Levin, DMD
Art Mirelez, DDS
Jeromy Peterson, DDS
The mission of the Curriculum Committee is to develop and provide materials that facilitate integration of Kois Center principles into the practices of Kois Center Membership.
- To develop a curriculum that empowers and engages the dental teams of the Kois Center membership in the highest standard of dental care for their patients.
- To develop material that explains Kois Center procedures to patients of the Kois Membership.
- To provide supplemental information for the course manuals aimed at clarifying Kois Center protocols and empowering the Kois Membership itself.
- To provide information in a way that minimizes the expense to both the dental office and the Kois Center.
- To provide opportunities for Kois Center trained dentists to participate in the growth and development of the Kois Center.
Jim Polley, DDS - Chair
Mark Allen, DDS
Mark Benavides, DDS
Lynn Blaisdell, DDS
David Brown, DMD
Jeff Bynum, DDS
Claudio Bucceri, CDT
Larry Duffield, DDS
Bryan Edgar, DDS
Bonnie Ferrell, DDS
Leon Hermanides, CDT
Don Jayne, DDS
Dean Ramus, DDS
Our mission is to develop a process which validates the competency of the graduates in both the concepts and procedures of the Kois Center. Furthermore, this process will be performed in an environment which nurtures and instills confidence, providing a growth opportunity for all involved.
- Develop a screening process to ensure all graduates taking the oral examination are adequately prepared to be successful
- Develop a written exam which tests the graduates’ understanding of the concepts and procedures taught at the Center. This test will cover the depth and breadth of material from the entire curriculum.
- Ensure that the examination process is relevant and challenging as well a a positive growth and learning experience for everyone involved
- Ensure that the examination process is fair
- Continue to review the oral examination for clarity and efficiency
- Develop a sense of camaraderie among Clinical Instructors and soon-to-be Mentors
- Instruct the Graduates of the added responsibility of becoming a Mentor
- Ensure the integrity of the Kois Center Mentor program by adequately examining the Graduates