Instructor: John C. Kois, DMD, MSD
Functional Occlusion I: Science Driven Management
Understanding the role occlusion plays relating to wear, mobility, TMD, stability, and restorative failure is critical. By focusing on diagnosis, the practitioner will be able to develop the parameters to create more successful restorative results and know when complex treatment may not be necessary. This course will also provide a hands-on workshop for facebow management and jaw relation records following deprogramming.
- Understand the various occlusal philosophies and the role they play in restorative dentistry
- Become familiar with the multitude of factors that contribute to tooth wear
- Learn four functional diagnoses that help establish functional risk and prognosis
- Achieve accurate diagnostic records by gaining an understanding of how and when to deprogram the masticatory system
- Learn the objectives of equilibration and gain the skills required to successfully implement
7:00am - 5:00pm Daily (Lunch Provided)
The first night of the course, attendees are invited to attend a “Welcome Reception” where they can better acquaint themselves with other classmates, Mentors, Clinical Instructors and the Kois Team.
On the second evening of the course, Dr. Kois and his wife Karen invite you and your significant other to join them for a two hour boat cruise and dinner aboard Excellence
This course provides 25.5 continuing education credit hours and includes lecture, participation, demonstration, case presentation and discussion.
AGD Credit Allocation:
Code 184, 19.5 Lecture Hours & 6 Participation Hours
Course availability listed below is based on your membership level. You are a Participant. Please select a date below to sign up for the class.
*All Participant Seat(s) Are Occupied. Waiting List Available.